Sunday 6 January 2008

Another cup run

Well at least the football was better. It may be more to do with a half-hearted West Brom than a stunning display by us. But it was more enjoyable to watch. For the longer term there was a satisfying debut from Kelly Youga, and Count Basey looked good when he came on.

On third round day though, the drama was always going to elsewhere. And so was our regular crowd. You can't tell me that the cup hasn't lost its magic.

Somehow it was inevitable that the game would end in a draw and a replay. It will now be a real challenge for me to get to the replay. I've already used up my holiday and money on trips to Hull, Cardiff and Bristol. My 100% attendance record is inserious jeopardy. I'll just have to see how it goes at work this week.

Yesterday was the first home game travelled to by car. Whilst it's more comfortable by car the journey home took about 15 minutes longer. We picked Kim up on the way as Bully had man flu and stayed in bed. A pity we couldn't shift his ticket for him. Maybe he'll be up for the replay.

Up The Addicks!

Robin

No comments: