Monday 1 October 2007

Up North again

Another purpose built stadium that I've not been to before. They all begin to look the same after you've been to a few of them. But arrangements for getting to this one has taken a bit of planning.


The first thing is that I need to take a day's holiday. That can't be avoided. The next is to work out how I'm going to travel. Fortunately the old man has fixed a business meeting for somewhere in Sheffield earlier that day. He's happy to take me up there if I can get up at 6.00am. This means travelling up the M1 and getting to Sheffield late morning.


Fortunately for me I know a few people in Sheffield so have arranged to meet them over a few beers at lunch time. After that there'll be a bit of waiting around before driving over to Hull later in the afternoon. There's no prospect of extra time for this evening kick off - unlike Luton last week. So if we get away quickly we can get back about 1.30am.


Not surprisingly Tony's not taking people up there in the bus, so it'll be a low turnout. Kim's going up by coach and staying over with other Essex CASC members - in Bexleyheath! I expect there may be a few others catching a coach. Pity we don't command enough support to warrant a pick up from Essex any more. We tried it for a year, but it didn't work out.

So another new ground and bleary eyes in the morning. At this stage I'm planning to go to work on Wednesday, but we'll see.

No comments: