Friday 21 September 2007

A police matter?

A thorough search was undertaken. Rubbish bags were searched. And eventually the police were called. This is the process you have to go through when you lose a season ticket. With Matt still in Egypt I was entrusted with his season ticket and promised it to friends and family. With the season ticket lost, I've spent the past few days working out what to do and say.

In the end I phoned the club. It seems I have to get a police lost property number before Charlton will consider replacing it. So I wasted some police time, got a reference number, and called the club back again. For thirty quid Charlton will replace it. If I get over to The Valley early enough I'll have the replacement ticket in time for the Leicester game. This means my relative will be able to go to the game - only the second of the season for him.

For me it will be my ninth. The aim is to go to every game this season. Obviously I'll be at Charlton early tomorrow. I'll probably pick up the Hull tickets while I'm there. Getting to the ticket office early means I'll be in the pub earlier than usual. I'll probably start off on my own so will head for the renovated Horse and Groom. At least they have the big screens, even if they don't have any tables. With nowhere to put the beer down you end up drinking quicker. Let's hope I'm still in a state to watch the match.

Now that the Foxes have got rid of 'Mad Dog' Allen it'll be difficult to know how the game will go. But after the performance the other night, we've got to hope for a win. That will then set us up nicely for three away games in a week. Travel plans are already being made.

Tomorrow I'm going for 2-1.

Up The Addicks!

Robin

No comments: