Friday 28 September 2007

What's a Ricoh?

Had this one planned for some time now. And there promises to be a good turnout of Addicks up at Coventry. Sold over 1200 tickets last time I heard. Tony's taking his bus up from Grays so there'll be a few Essex based supporters there. Tony often organises an overnight stay, but Coventry isn't far enough for that. There and back in a day. Still got a few spaces in the bus if anybody wants to go with him.

As for me, I'm off with Matt and Toby by train. We're booked on the 9.30 from Euston so it'll be an early start. Time for a few beers in Coventry before getting the bus to the Ricoh. Is Ricoh the name of a sponsor? What's a Ricoh? It makes me wonder how effective sponsorship is if we don't know what a Ricoh is. Somebody must know.
I went to the old Highfield Road a few times with some mixed results. The first time was a memorable FA Cup tie back in 1970. Lost 3-0, but it was one of my first away games outside London so I remember it for that. But the Ricoh is a first for me.

Tony usually gets the parking sorted out beforehand. It's either a local Conservative Club or he'll have sorted something out with the football club. Apparently it's not far from junction 3 on the M6. The Addickted site usually provides tips for getting there and where to park and drink. If not the Football Grounds site is worth a visit.

With Dowie getting a result at Man U the other night, the game should be a bit spicy. I think we're good for a 1-1 draw. Let's hope we're a bit better than the other night.

Up The Addicks!

Robin

No comments: