Tuesday 6 November 2007

Bristol City 0 Charlton 1

Well, this is the first game I've been to on my own this season. It felt a bit odd going on my own, particularly to a ground I've not been to before. Nor was I sure how to get to the ground from the station. But I arrived in plenty of time and managed to walk alongside the river down to the ground, so arrived in plenty of time.

There were around 600 travelling addicks there, but not too many from Essex. For the first time this season we were playing a team above us in the league. I think most of us there would have settled for a draw. And that's what it looked like for 90 minutes. But then a peach of a pass from Reidee, and big Chris was on the end of it again - right in front of the Charlton fans again.

On the basis of the first half we were the better team, but after the break Bristol City stepped it up. We were expecting the draw until Big Chris did his stuff.

Then the challenge of finding my way back to the station in time for the last train. There were buses lined up behind the ground - one of which went back to the station. Despite what seemed like an agonising delay in getting away, we made it back to Temple Meads station. There were some slight problems with the trains, but it eventually came and we made it back to London after 12.30am. With the hotel in Paddington booked and just around the corner, It was a quick beer and bed. Dtraight to work in the morning.

Happy days!

Up The Addicks!

Robin

No comments: