Monday 19 November 2007

Homeward bound

Having enjoyed a mini sabatical here in Canada, thoughts are now turning to the return home and the challenge of getting to Heathrow, home and Deepdale all in a day. Original plans were to meet Matt at Heathrow, drop stuff at home, a quick nap and drive up to Preston. An overnight stay in Blackpool would have broken the travelling up. But I've now learned that Matt's car has broken down and a plan B is required. This involves the Old Man getting out of his pit at some unearthly hour on Saturday morning to pick me up from the airport at around 7.30am, getting me home and going up to Preston with him. It will be there and back in a day so I'll be going around like a zombie on Sunday, depending on how much shut-eye I get in the car.

It's strange here in Canada with so little news about The Addicks and football in general. Thanks to the advice from a few Canadian based Addicks I'll be watching the England game in a local bar. This'll be the only real football I'll experience out here. But at least last weekend's results mean there's something to cheer rather than jeer at.

Up The Addicks! - and come on England

Robin

No comments: