Friday 30 November 2007

Claret & Blue

After the bitter midweek disappointment we now face one of those games that has no added spice except the need for three points. Having been to Turf Moor a couple of times in the distant past, I know they don't have the most welcoming of supporters. In fact I recall there was a bit of a rucus when they came to The Valley in a cup tie a few years ago. I don't imagine they'll have massive support on Saturday though.

But in an attempt to get my fill of Claret and Blue, and knowing the Horse and Groom will be shut, I think I'll get over to Bartrams to watch the cheating, lying Hammers on the early TV game. I need to sort out tickets for Cardiff and West Brom anyway.

Burnley have a new manager and come to us on the back of an away win at the league leaders. They won't show any fear, but it'll be interesting to see whether they come at us, or sit back and defend. I can see that this game may go any which way. If we get on top early on and get a quick goal, we could get a hatful. On the other hand we're not that prolific and it could easily be a 0-0 draw. Even a defeat. But please, not another 0-3 defeat. Let's keep the faith.

Up The Addicks!

Robin

No comments: